I am so blessed to have been welcomed into the blogosphere by some lovely blogger ladies. They have made me feel so loved in their sharing of my page and projects and for this I am forever grateful. I used to envy the little community that showed through their blogs and facebook fan pages and now I am part of it! My bloggy pal Nee of NeeSay has been my biggest cheerleader, Thank you lovely lady xo
It is thanks to her, I have received my first ever bloggy award, gush. The idea behind this award is that the recipient would answer 10 Questions and offer Random Info about themselves. So, if you ever wanted to know more about the woman behind Get On With IT Already! here’s your chance ..
1} My Favourite Song?: I love a lot of different genre’s of music. I can just as easily listen to pop as I can country but my favourites are definitely songs that tell a story. Now this one is a sad one but the story resonates with me, replace the pink blankie for blue and that’s me ..
2} My Favourite Dessert?: oooh, there are so many, I love anything sweet (Could explain why I was a big girl for so many years) but my absolute favourite would have to be Chocolate Mudcake, yuuummm.
3} What ticks me off?: Lots of things! Seriously, I can get worked up over the stupidest little things but what would erk me the most would have to be rude, ignorant people. You know the ones, they very obviously hear your question but don’t respond or they very clearly see that you are in their walkway but continue on to bump into you anyway, yep them .. RUDE! I worked in Customer Service for many years and it took all my strength to be bubbly and nice when there are soooo many of these people out there!
4} When I am upset, what do I do?: I do one of two things, or both. I sulk. I will become all broody but reassure everyone that ‘nothing is wrong’ or I will snap. I will bite everyone’s heads off for no apparent reason. Hmm, not my finest behaviour but that’s me.
5} What is my Favourite Pet?: I am very fond of dogs, for their companionship and cuteness. I can not remember a time in my whole life that there has not been a dog or two in the family except for brief times of sadness when we have lost one, but we always got another not long after. To have to choose a favourite pet is like having to choose a favourite child, I just can’t do it! So I’ll share with you our current two. Dory (Blue Cattle X Kelpie) and Dozer (Staffy X Whatever-MummaDog-gotwithwhenescapedyard).
Dory is like a cat with nine lives. Among other life-threatening incidents, I have run this dog over and he came out of it with only a few bruises! And he still chases my car and bites the tyres! He is by my side for all projects and will often be found in my photos cos he refuses to move!
Dozer is named that because every time I saw him as a wee little pup (yes he was little once!) he was dozing zzzzz! Now it is more for the fact that he
is one big bulldozer! Big and brute but the loveliest, most gentle dog unless you peeve him off .. hhmm, sounds a bit like me
6} What do I prefer – Black or White? Black, for sure. I have avoided white for over 12 years now. With little kids and grubby hands that they insist on rubbing all over you, I have lived in Black attire for some time. However, white is starting to make
an appearance in my life – white furniture instead of dark brown wood and in my wardrobe with a recent addition.
7} What is my Biggest Fear?: That something awful should happen to my kidlets. I awake many a night from an awful dream where the worst has happened. They are so vivid and shake me to the core. Knowing my kids are safe and tucked in their beds and that my dreams are in no way real, I still have to go and see each one sleeping before I can even think about going back to sleep. The common thread to these dreams is that bad things happen when the kids are out of my control i.e. being looked after by others so you can imagine I am an absolute mess each and every second weekend that my eldest is not within my care.
8} What is my Attitude?: My attitude is hopeful. I like to see the best potential in every situation/person/object. This is a little contradictory to my previous answer but that is my subconscious talking not me. I aim to be the best ‘me’ I can be and hope for that for everyone and thing around me.
9} What is Perfection? **cough** I don’t do that word anymore! Finished is better than Perfect and I am more than happy with finished, be it a project or an empty plate, finished is perfect!
10} What is my Guilty Pleasure? ’Me’ time, late at night when all is quiet and I can gather my thoughts, eat chocolate and scour Pinterest or watch DIY shows, all without interruption. It is a guilty pleasure because I really should be sleeping, resting my body and mind for the next day but I just can’t stay away from that time of night and I regret it … almost every day! Nothing coffee can’t fix!!
Now if I haven’t bored you enough about me, here is 10 more Random Facts About ME:
* I don’t do Frogs – Many years ago, as a single Mum in a new house, I heard something jumping under my bed late at night. I thought it was a toad, eeww. I had my new neighbour’s gay brother come save me from what turned out to be a frog!! That was the first of many that made it’s way into that house, I discovered they came through the main toilet and shut it off by many heavy telephone books and everyone had to use the ensuite toilet thereafter!
* My Husband was my Lawnmower Man! Granted he was a friend-of-a-friend, so I kinda knew him anyways but that’s the story we tell everyone .. My Husband used to ‘cut my grass’ hahaha
* Up until a couple of months back, I drank CocaCola every day by the litre-load! Not anymore ..
* I was never going to have kids
* For almost my whole life, I hated my name and insisted on being called Stacey. It wasn’t until my older years that I embraced the uniqueness of my name and am now actually thankful that I have a name not like many others
* I can not eat until at least 10am, I just can not stomach food that early and it makes me sick
* I don’t stomach dairy very well. I can have a tiny bit of cheese or full cream milk (I normally have Zymil) but that’s it .. except when I was preggers with my firstborn, I craved Chocolate Milk – my body must have been telling me something
* I remember, as a kid in an uncontrollable situation, saying a sentence over and over in my head (not any particular one, just one over and over) counting it out on my fingers until the last word of that sentence finally ended on the right thumb. OCD possibly? I don’t know, it somehow made me feel better.
*I left school with only 8 or so weeks left of year 11, I had so much emotionally going on that I felt I could not give it my best, so didn’t, ridiculous huh? I did go back the next year about half way through (into year 11) and finished my schooling
* I moved out of home at 16. My Parents were moving to whoop-whoop and I had just got back into school. I boarded with my then boyfriend’s mate and his girlfriend.
So there you go, more than you ever probably wanted to know about me! Now for the fun part, I get to pass on the award to 7 Bloggy Loves!
Deb @ Aspiring Mum
Tara @ Everyday Happenings
Laney @ Crash Test Mummy
Melissa @ Suger Coat IT
Deb @ Home Life Simplified
Clare @ The Home She Made
Kaz @ Living on a Latte
Of course, I have a lot more that I love and read, I could go on an on …