Who is the person behind Get On With It Already?
My name is Stacey-Lee, I am in my
late twenties early 30′s (when did I get that old?) .
I am a wife and a mother to 3 very
loud full-of-life children:
Junior Perfectionist- at 11 yrs old he is still and always be my Little Man. It was just the two of us for the first 2 years of his life and he is, in almost each and every way, just like his Mumma. He is eager to please; wants his hand and say in everything; easily excited and very sensitive.
Missy- my little girl aged 8. She is the most strong-minded and energetic of my children. She is an extreme tantrum thrower, fancies herself a bit of a rockstar and will argue until she is blue in the face.
Then there’s Bubba Boy who’s 4. He is extremely loving and very boisterous. He is quite the little clown,
stubborn determined and adventurous.
Being a Mother for over 11 years, I (like so many) seemed to lose any sense of who I was. Even this ‘About Me’ page read more of a ‘About My Kids’ page for a long time.
I am currently on a journey to rediscover who this person I am is ..
But what I can tell you is that:
- I crave order and control
- I organise and re-organise until it works
- I stay up way too late and am slow to get moving each and every day
- One should not talk to me in the morning until I have had my cup of coffee
- I like change but only if I am the one to implement it
- My mind is absolutely overflowing with great ideas, must-do’s and wants
- Overwhelm often stops me from starting anything
- I can often be found doing anything other than what I should be aka procrastinating
- I struggle with having things
perfectjust right and if I can’t have it turn out that way, I give up or don’t bother in the first place
- I like to make things, there is something very satisfying about making (and showing off) something you made on your very own
- I love power tools but I’m also slightly scared of them
- Crafting for me is therapeutic
- I get cranky if I don’t have time to just ‘be’ with my thoughts, normally after all have gone to bed, hence my staying up too late
This Blog is a little space where I can be ‘ME’; where I can work through my ‘issues’ and life approach (and ensure I do not pass it on to my kidlets); motivate and be motivated to do and make; continue the fight against perfectionism and just Get On With It Already!
But there’s more than just the blog:
Follow me on Instagram
Like me on Facebook
See what inspires me on Pinterest
Want to get in contact?
Email me: email@example.com